Friday, April 02, 2010

NaPoWriMo #2

ocean

this is a rhythmic wave process,
a photo gallery of
flustered purple and gold lights on an
indigo sky

it smells like salt on the shore, and
there is a basket of plums on the
bench beside me, cold and juicy

the minute hand was creeping along the clock

and the strains of a violin floated on the air

and i sat under a tree, watching the
waves coming in, out, in, out, in, out...

(Poetry Friday roundup here.)

I had a much easier time with this poem, due to the abundance of amazing prompts I found today (all thanks to Maya). I thought I would share some of the prompts I used:
  1. "rhythmic wave process" came ReadWritePoem's prompt for today.
  2. "photo gallery" and "purple and gold" came from Acronym Attic.
  3. The "purple and gold lights" came from this photo on flickr.
  4. The word "flustered" and the idea of time "creeping" along came from Kelli Russell Agodon's prompt for today. I used Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll and Undercover by Beth Kephart, but I didn't follow the prompt exactly.
  5. Finally, the whole waves/ocean theme came from Robert Lee Brewer's prompt today.

If you're having trouble with your poem today, maybe some of these prompts can help you!

2 comments:

Nikki Carson (Katie) said...

Ooooh, I loved this! I've written my second one as well!

Nonie said...

I really, really, really like the last stanza. The poem was wonderful. <3