this is a rhythmic wave process,
a photo gallery of
flustered purple and gold lights on an
it smells like salt on the shore, and
there is a basket of plums on the
bench beside me, cold and juicy
the minute hand was creeping along the clock
and the strains of a violin floated on the air
and i sat under a tree, watching the
waves coming in, out, in, out, in, out...
(Poetry Friday roundup here.)
I had a much easier time with this poem, due to the abundance of amazing prompts I found today (all thanks to Maya). I thought I would share some of the prompts I used:
- "rhythmic wave process" came ReadWritePoem's prompt for today.
- "photo gallery" and "purple and gold" came from Acronym Attic.
- The "purple and gold lights" came from this photo on flickr.
- The word "flustered" and the idea of time "creeping" along came from Kelli Russell Agodon's prompt for today. I used Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll and Undercover by Beth Kephart, but I didn't follow the prompt exactly.
- Finally, the whole waves/ocean theme came from Robert Lee Brewer's prompt today.
If you're having trouble with your poem today, maybe some of these prompts can help you!