Thursday, January 01, 2009

Random Thoughts

I have broken one of my resolutions already. I've said L-I-K-E ten times so far today. Oops.

And here are some things I am looking forward to this year:

The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan...
is finally coming out! The last book in the series, I believe, where we will finally figure out if Percy saved the world or not. I'm sure he will- it would be weird to end a series with a major disaster. Anyways, since The Battle of the Labyrinth ended with an agonizing cliffhanger, everyone is looking forward to this book.

Sunrise by Erin Hunter...
and probably a bazillion other books too. Since Erin Hunter is actually four authors, they churn out books almost once every two months. Except the books come out in big bunches, if you know what I mean. In 2008, they came out with...6 Warriors books, if I'm not mistaken. Not to mention the first book in their new series, Seekers. Sunrise is one of the most highly anticipated Warriors books now because Long Shadows was such a bang with the most twisted plot ever.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince...
the movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay for Harry Potter movies! I can't wait to watch it. Although the book wasn't my favorite, hopefully the movie will make up for it. Although I still don't like how the actors look so...old now. In the first movie, they were so cute and little. Now, they're...more like Harry Potter characters, I guess, but not as cute. :-)


I've been getting so used to seeing Christmas trees and lights in my neighborhood, it's strange to look outside and see darkness and dark houses. There are no more twinkling Christmas trees in the windows, just rain. There is one house, just ONE, that has their Christmas lights on. And I'm going to go switch ours on right now.

3 comments:

GirlwiththeBraids said...

I can't wait for the Harry Potter movie, too! Yes, they are getting older, but I guess that's what happens. :)

That was a nice way to end your post! It was... cozy.

Maya Ganesan said...

Well, they haven't got an Anti-Aging Potion or anything...

Maya Ganesan said...

I can't wait for Sunrise and Harry Potter 6.