Saturday, September 05, 2009

Catching Fire

by Suzanne Collins

Suzanne Collins has done it again. After reading The Hunger Games, I didn't expect the sequel to have the same kind of suspense and violence. But it did.

Catching Fire is a completely brilliant book. It's definitely more low-key than The Hunger Games, but still unique and terrific in its own way. I felt that the whole book seemed to lead up to the ending and the third book, so it didn't entirely satisfy my need for drama, but it was still a worthwhile read. It incorporated more sci-fi aspects while keeping the story fresh and realistic, which was something I really enjoyed. Don't judge the book by the beginning -- it starts out slow, but gets MUCH better as it goes on.

Can't wait for the third one!

5 comments:

Maya Ganesan said...

Catching Fire was more disappointing than The Hunger Games. Guess I'm one fo the few people who doesn't love the series.

GardenofEdee said...

Personally I loved Catching Fire. Yes, not as fast paced as The Hunger Games but I loved it nonetheless. And you're right, the beginning was a bit slow, at least slower then The Hunger Games. I also can't wait for the 3rd book!!

Oh and I <3 Gale

Priya said...

GardenofEdee- I <3 Gale too! Peeta is too goody-goody.

Beth Kephart said...

I was thinking about you just about two minutes ago.... And then you showed up on my blog!

Sookie said...

I've never heard of this series, but I'll have to check it out!