Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Madam President

by Lane Smith

When I first got this book from the library, I didn't know it was a picture book. I thought that I wouldn't like it, but I couldn't resist, and I quickly read the book in a couple of minutes.

Although it was only a children's book, it was one of the most entertaining and adorable picture books I've ever read. The story is about a young girl who imagines herself as the President of the United States of America during school. The sentences delegate the tasks that a President has to do everyday, while the pictures add an entertaining look into how the main character acted out her "duties."

This book was absolutely hilarious...with vetoing the school lunches, attending "important" funerals (of frogs, in this case), Madam President sheds a new light on the life of a President. I would thoroughly recommend reading this book (even if you have to hide it under your jacket in order to not be embarrassed).

No comments: