Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Shadow Thieves

by Anne Ursu

I would probably give The Shadow Thieves by Anne Ursu a four out of five. It was a mix between the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan and Peter and the Shadow Thieves by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson, in my opinion. It definitely had a lot of suspense, that's for sure, and it contained a lot of Greek mythology for those mythology lovers.

The only problem that I had with the book was that it was a little too predictable for me. There were a lot of hints about what would happen next, and just by the title, I could tell what the whole book was about: there are people who steal shadows, so the main character has to go on a quest to stop the shadow thieves. Pretty steoreotypical. But other than that, The Shadow Thieves was a great book and I would definitely recommend it.

No comments: