Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Kiki Strike: Inside the Shadow City


by Kirsten Miller


Ananka Fishbein's boring, ordinary life suddenly becomes extraordinary when she meets Kiki Strike, a small, pale girl who seems to be strange, but surely not dangerous. Ananka's views of Kiki change when she is asked to join Kiki's exploration group of the Shadow City, a labyrinth of abandoned tunnels below Manhattan. One thing is for sure: Ananka's life will never be the same again...


I loved Kiki Strike! It had all the things I love in a book: mystery, adventure, history, action, and more. The story line was engrossing with several surprising twists, and the writing was interesting and fast-paced. I also loved how the story was so suspenseful, yet I learned a lot about New York from reading this book. I would definitely give this five stars, and I can't wait to read the next book!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I HAVE to get round to reading this...

Great review. :)

Jen said...

It sounds super-awesome!

Sadako said...

This looks awesome. Totally love the cover!

Vivian Mahoney said...

Glad you liked the book! The second one is just as good--hope you get to read it.

Holly said...

I LOVE this book.

Danielle said...

I adore Kiki Strike, as I've already told you :)

ANDDDDD I tagged you! :)

Anonymous said...

I don't think anyone could NOT like Kiki Strike!!!! it is my favorite book ever!!!!