Monday, August 30, 2010

The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May, & June

by Robin Benway

The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May, & June is basically a cute book about three sisters with superpowers - April can see the future, May can become invisible, and June can read minds. All three struggle with their powers at school and at home, but when April foresees disaster in the future, the three of them have to come together to save the day.

This book was so hilarious and entertaining - a lot of the situations that occurred were fun to read about and the narration was sarcastic and witty. I also liked how the point of view switched between April, May, and June, because it was more interesting to read about the events that happened from several perspectives. I haven't read Robin Benway's other book, Audrey, Wait! (although I've heard it's slightly better), but this was still a really cute and engaging book that I would suggest checking out!

6 comments:

Vivian said...

I saw this book in the Read 3 Get 1 Free program but it didn't sound very interesting. Now I think I'll give it a try.

Vivian said...

By the way, Priya, what's is your school schedule? Do you have Mr. Elliott again?

Vivian said...

Which period?

Vivian said...

Oh. I have it first period.

Vivian said...

About the Tedx thing... Is it a club where selected members meet or something like once in a lifetime opportunity?

The Snarky Narwhal said...

I haven't heard of this book, but it sounds interesting!