Wednesday, March 24, 2010

City of Glass

I just finished reading City of Glass (Mortal Instruments #3) by Cassandra Clare last night. I don't want to give anything away, but I just wanted to say that it was AMAZING. (In fact, the whole series is amazing.) The plot was so fast-paced and dramatic, and there were so many suspenseful cliffhangers.

One thing I really liked was all the quotes and allusions to the Bible throughout the book; I felt that they definitely added to the story and made it more interesting. I also liked learning more about the characters' pasts and all the unanticipated twists that happened because of some character's obscure past. :-)

I think most people have already read these books (I would have gotten my hands on them earlier if there hadn't been so many holds at the library!), but if you haven't, I would strongly recommend it. Cassandra Clare skillfully weaves together fantasy, paranormal fiction, adventure, and more in this highly popular series.

7 comments:

Julia said...

I haven't read these... I should likely take a look at them.

emily said...

Thanks a lot! I feel even worse about not reading the series now! Jk:]
Great review!

Beth Kephart said...

I must start reading these books!

Nonie said...

My tbr pile keeps getting higher and higher. :D

Nikki Carson (Katie) said...

Sounds really interesting!!!!! I need to ask a question about the Pendragon series...I read a few pages of the first book online and it did mention one cuss word...I was wondering how much language the series had. Anyway, thanks for the review!!

Katie :)

Edge said...

Ah, these books. Loved them. Can't wait for the connected series! :)

Maria said...

I absolutely love The Mortal Instruments :D