Sunday, August 23, 2009

As You Like It (Shakespeare Challenge #3)

by William Shakespeare

Out of all the Shakespeare plays I've read so far, I think As You Like It was my favorite. It was funny, witty, and the easiest to follow. The story was intriguing and especially entertaining for me, since I knew "stuff" that the characters didn't know.

Just like Much Ado About Nothing, As You Like It had nonsensical characters who boasted about their education and intelligence, but were actually (in my opinion) quite stupid. The way the characters argued and discussed about random, silly things made the whole play very enjoyable. (I also learned about a million different ways to say "I want to kill you" in Shakespearean language.)

Overall, a delightful, quirky must-read. Highly recommended -- you won't be disappointed!

My post on the Shakespeare Challenge
Shakespeare Challenge specifics
My review of Romeo and Juliet (Shakespeare Challenge #1)
My review of Much Ado About Nothing (Shakespeare Challenge #2)

2 comments:

Judi said...

Hey Priya!

*sadness when I realize I missed your birthday post* HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!
Yeah, it's not as good as an on-time birthday, but that's all I got :D

I've actually never heard of this one by Shakespeare...I should see if they have it at my library..

Priya said...

Thanks Judi! :D I'd never heard of As You Like It either, until it was mentioned in the comments section of my Romeo and Juliet review.